Regarding referrals, I focus on neuropsychologically based evaluations, NOT those with no suspected neurologic basis. I don’t provide brief focused health/behavioral testing or intervention with patients who have cognitive symptoms thought unlikely to have underlying neuropathological disease or insult.
Populations and conditions for which I provide neurocognitive evaluation:
- Stroke and cerebrovascular/cardiovascular cases
- CNS and non-CNS cancer patients (brain tumor, medical oncology)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Movement Disorder
- All dementias ( Alzheimer’s disease, fronto-temporal , Lewy Body, PPA, VasD and others).
- Encephalopathy/infection related cognitive decline
- Memory impairment
- Cognitive deficits
- Learning disabilities (for academic accommodation – adults only)
- TBI, if not legal
For full details on the referral and exam process, click here (downloadable PDF).