About Dr. Sanders
I am a board certified through the American Board of Professional Psychology and a member of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology. I have 25+ years experience as a neuropsychologist working in clinical and academic settings. I am currently in private practice consulting at Northwest Hospital/University of Washington, Swedish Neurosciences Institute and CHI Franciscan.
I focus on adults with neurological issues including CNS and Non-CNS cancer, cerebrovascular, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, dementia, movement disorders and others.
I am on medical staff at UW/Northwest Hospital, Swedish and CHI Franciscan. I am a clinical assistant professor at University of Washington School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. I obtained my doctorate from Brigham Young University. My pre-doctoral training was at the University of Utah and I completed two post-doctoral years, one at the Philadelphia Geriatric Center and another year at the University of Washington School of Medicine.
I have earned a Master’s Degree in guidance and counseling from the College of Idaho and a Bachelor of Music from the University of the Pacific Conservatory of Music. I am active in auditioned music ensembles, pursue numerous outdoor activities and volunteer in areas of housing and disability for those in need.
Download: Resume for Karen M. Sanders,Ph.D., ABPP/CN, Board Certified Neuropsychologist
- PhD- Brigham Young University – Psychology
- M.Ed. – College of Idaho
- Bachelor of Music/Music Therapy – University of the Pacific
- University of Washington Medical Center- Fellowship
- Philadelphia Geriatric Center – Fellowship
- University of Utah Medical Center- Internship
Board Certifications and Licenses
- American Board of Professional Psychology/Clinical Neuropsychology
- Licensed in Washington State and Utah
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists #53809
- Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology, American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Past President Pacific Northwest Neuropsychological Society
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- International Neuropsychological Association
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Friends of Habitat – Ambassador for Seattle/King County Habitat for Humanity (Present)
- Alzheimer’s Association – Western and Central Washington – writing educational materials in different diagnosis (2005)
- Physicians Task Force – Washington State Psychological Association (1995-2005)
- Board of Directors – Seattle Pro Musica (2004-2006)
- Board of Directors – Seattle Habitat for Humanity (1995-2001)
- Board of Directors – Salt Lake City Habitat for Humanity (1985-1986)
- Chair of Family Selections Committee – SLC (1985-1986)
- Performing Choir Member of Seattle Pro-Musica (spring 2001-2009)
- Performing Choir Member – Opus 7 (2009-Present)
- Cathedral Choir Member – St. James Cathedral, Seattle, Washington